Okay, guys – time to share the bad news. Last Monday I found out I’d been waitlisted at OSU for the second year in a row. I’ve been feeling pretty lousy about that. My chances of getting in now are extremely slim, and I’m not going to spend another year of my life applying to schools and waiting for another round of rejections. This means that our life plan has pretty much derailed and we don’t know where to go or what to do with ourselves anymore. It sucks.
So I’m going to make a little list of things I’m looking forward to in the near future.
1. Kevin’s parents are visiting this weekend. His parents are pretty cool and I haven’t seen them in a while. I’ll be out with a family group for most of the weekend, which means I won’t have time to sit around feeling sorry for myself. It also means we’re guaranteed to go out to dinner at least once.
2. Our anniversary is coming up. Five years! Yay!
3. My wedding dress will be in at the end of the month, which means it’ll be time for my first fitting soon, in my dress. My insanely gorgeous, perfect wedding dress.
4. I finally got my hair cut! I’ve enjoyed having it long, but the ends were getting kind of limp and sad-looking. Now I have a chic shoulder-length cut and getting ready in the morning will be a bazillion times easier.
5. In other hair news, “Tangled” comes out on the 29th. If you’ve seen it, you’ll understand why I am totally psyched about it.
6. A friend loaned us the first season of “Fringe” and it’s totally amazing. And we’re up to what, four seasons in total? Excellent.
7. We’re revamping Average Fantastic. It’ll be back next week with a broader outlook and a wider variety of uplifting content and interviews and all kinds of cool stuff. Should be pretty great!