Thanks again to Tia at Reading In Skirts for the opportunity to meme it up!
here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you by the tagger
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you have tagged to answer
5. Tag 11 ‘peeps’
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I hate the smell of scallops.
2. I’m grateful to my mom for a lot of things, but one of the weirdly big ones is how she didn’t let us have soda growing up. To this day I hate carbonated drinks, which is kind of lame, but I think never drinking soda is going to have some good long-term effects on my health.
3. Movies I’ve seen at midnight include “Revenge of the Sith,” “Goblet of Fire,” and “Watchmen.” “Watchmen” is the reason I don’t go to midnight showings anymore. (Well, that, and I’m old.)
4. My first CD was Enrique Inglesias’ “Bailamos.”
5. I grew up in a huge church with a big music program, and they once put on an opera called “Noye’s Fludde.” I was The Wind and I ran around in black leggings, waving a streamer.
6. I got to go to Austria/Germany/Switzerland with said church music program, and one of my favorite memories is singing one of our a cappella pieces in the big echoing cellars of a castle.
7. I was going to go to a Backstreet Boys concert in 8th grade, but it was canceled because AJ went to rehab.
8. I once saw Malcom McDowell in Seattle.
9. My first movie crush was Luke Skywalker, or possibly Aladdin.
10. I’m on Pinterest. Are you? Let’s hang out!
11. I finally achieved one of my life goals by filling an entire bookshelf in our apartment with National Geographics.
11 questions for you!
1. Are you more serious or more silly?
It depends on who I’m with. If I’m with good friends in a situation where no one will be annoyed and/or embarrassed, I can definitely cut loose, but in general I’m The One Who Doesn’t Screw Around And Takes Things Way Too Seriously.
2. What was the best year of your life? Why?
2011 was pretty great, being that I got married and won $300 for a poem and all. Before that, 2009 took the cake: senior year, internship in Ireland, moving in with Kevin, etc.
3. Where are my keys?
As in my keys? Or Tia’s keys? I don’t know where Tia’s keys are. Hopefully nearby, and I hope she’s found them by now. Mine are in my purse.
4. Do you have any pets? If so, what kinds? If not, why?
We have one cat, who is the best.
5. What city would you like to visit more than any other city?
London? Because I would kill to go back to London. As for cities I’ve never seen, I’d have to go with NYC or Casablanca.
6. What career do you think you would excel at?
A career that involves reading a lot, drinking tea, designing things on Polyvore, and charting outlines to books that never get written. I think I’d make a decent stunt driver, too.
7. Most recent meal that made you go WOW?
A couple of the meals we had at Disney World were spectacular – one involved corvina with a maize crust and a tomato-butter sauce. Another was a Mexican-inspired dish of chicken with peppers and other veggies in an onion-cream sauce. Mmm.
8. Tell me a recipe you know by heart.
I’m close to knowing how to make tortilla soup and quiche by heart. I can whip up curries and stir-fry, but those don’t really require recipes.
9. What is your favorite color combination?
Pinterest is wrecking this for me! I have no idea anymore! I saw a beautiful outfit of rust pants with an oatmeal sweater and denim jacket, and I’m also liking plum & navy, teal & gray, and gold & burgundy. Color mixing still scares me, so I’m drawn to safer combinations.
10. Why is eleven so many questions?
I know, right?
11. Do you consider yourself a feminist?
And 11 questions for you:
1. Name three books you’ve read in the last year.
2. Which of the Seven Deadly Sins are you most guilty of?
3. What’s in your purse?
4. Tea, coffee, both, or none of the above?
5. What movie are you most excited about this year?
6. What book are you most excited about this year? (one that’s either been on your shelf for a while or will be published this year)
7. Do you like to cook or bake? If so, what’s your favorite thing to make? If not, why not?
8. Would you rather have an all-expenses-paid vacation to the destination of your choice, but only for three days, or go for two weeks but have to pinch pennies?
9. Do you prefer fruity or chocolaty desserts?
10. Does it bug you when people use “desert” instead of “dessert?”
11. Are you following Fashion Week?