This is a new feature I’m going to try to have every Thursday. It’s pretty self-explanatory – just taking the time to list the things I’m grateful for this week.
1. The geese are flying north again! Spring is close…ish. It hasn’t really been a bad winter – in fact, it’s been weirdly dry – but it’s been so cold and gray. I’m looking forward to flowers and blue sky.
2. Our Vancouver friends. It took us a long time to find a church when we were living in Salem, and once we found one we liked, we moved to Vancouver. Up here, though, things went much differently. We found our church on our first try, and its young-couples group is full of people we can totally be ourselves around. They like Star Wars and the Hunger Games and even Doctor Who! Plus one of them is on the worship team, and he’s giving Kevin (and hopefully, soon, me) guitar lessons. (On a related note, if anybody has a guitar they’d like to sell…)
3. Leftover Valentine’s Day candy. My mom sent us each a bag of chocolate, including some absolutely magical Fran’s dark chocolate hearts. I’ve been saving those. Mmm.
4. Getting away from a screen. I spent way too much time over the weekend in front of the TV or on the computer, and when I finally got up to do something different, it felt like I could see properly again.
5. Coupons for fun things. We got a booklet of coupons for local shopping and restaurants, which has made it a lot easier to make up excuses for going out on dates. And dates are good.
What are you thankful for this week?