Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week we’re talking about our favorite online reads.
1. Hark, a Vagrant! This conversation happened recently:
Me: “So what other webcomics do you read?”
Friend: “Well, it sounds really dumb, but it’s this girl who does historical comics…”
Me: “Kate Beaton?!”
Me: “Kate Beaton’s AWESOME!”
And it’s true. Kate Beaton IS awesome.
2. Already Pretty was one of the first blogs I ever read, and it remains an excellent source of body-image inspiration and advice. Sally gets to the point and doesn’t ever back down from trying to convince every reader that she is worthwhile.
3. The Mary Sue is chock-full of nerdy feminism, art, movie news, and other geeky things that make me happy, like the fact that they’re making a sequel to “Blade Runner” and it’ll star a woman.
4. Foodimentary has a food for every day, complete with fun facts and mouthwatering pictures. My birthday is National Grand Marnier day, so there you go.
7. Yes And Yes is up there with Already Pretty as my all-time favorite self-image blog. Yes And Yes does interesting profiles on unique women, gives advice on pretty much everything, and makes the journey to higher self-esteem really fun.
8. Dooce. Oh, Dooce. Dooce is incredibly controversial because she’s a mom and she swears and is divorced. The title of her motherhood book is “It Sucked And Then I Cried,” which should pretty much tell you all you need to know about how completely hilariously flippant she is. “Flippant” doesn’t even begin to cover it, actually, so go check it out.
9. Tripping Over Books is one of my favorite book blogs because Amy writes shamelessly and hilariously like I talk to my friends – as in, in all caps, making up swear words, and squeeing over cartoons that people our age should not feel the need to watch.
Comingsoon.net fills my movie-news cravings.
The Oatmeal makes funny stuff.
Mark Reads and Mark Watches, although I have to stick to the archives because I haven’t seen Buffy or read all of Sandman. Still, reading over the stuff that won’t spoiler-ize me is amazing and awesome and full of caps.
Find some other great reads here!