Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
Which characters would you switch places with for 24 hours? The thing with good characters is that they don’t often live enviable lives, or if they do, something goes wrong to make their lives a lot less enviable. Otherwise the book would be boring. So while it might be cool to be Katniss for a day, you’d most likely spend that day starving and trying to escape hordes of teenagers and government cronies who want you dead. Not very relaxing.
I bet we can come up with ten, though:
1) Harry Potter, of course, assuming there was a 24-hour span of time in which he wasn’t fighting for his life.
2) Eowyn, and it had better be the 24 hours in which she’s sneaking off to join the army and kill the Witchking, because otherwise that would be boring.
3) Laura Ingalls Wilder managed to have some pretty cool adventures without ever getting in too much danger, except for when she fell in the creek that one time. Twenty-four hours would be about as long as I could last in a world without plumbing and a nearby grocery store, though.
4) Kethry is a sexy sorceress with a magical sword who roams the land defending women. Sometimes she’s low on cash, but the rest of the time she’s kicking butt and slaying demons.
5) Speaking of slaying demons, getting to be Sabriel for 24 hours would be pretty awesome.
6) Lizzie Bennet, of course, for her witty dialogue, sisterly love, and that Darcy guy.
7) Mary Boleyn deals with drama and intrigue and actually manages to survive her story – unlike many of her fellow characters.
8) Christa von Schirren is an aristocratic woman involved in a resistance movement in Berlin – yeah, that’s right, Berlin. If that’s not hardcore, I don’t know what is.
9) Lena has a good head on her shoulders, and she’s way better at the whole resistance-against-a-totalitarian-regime thing than Katniss. “Requiem” could still make me want to slap her (“Pandemonium” spoiler: love triangle ahoy), but so far she’s a pretty legit YA heroine.
10) Speaking of badass YA heroines: I totally wanted to be Rachel when I was younger. Anger issues, devotion to her friends, battle lust – she was pretty awesome.
Which characters would you life-swap for a day?