Whoops! It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these lists.
1) It’s still sunny! I’m happy, but also a little baffled and suspicious. Does this mean once the rain starts, it won’t stop until July? Whatever, I’m just going to go take several more Vitamin D-filled walks while I still can.
2) I did a 5K! My friends and I did the Color Run last weekend! We walked it because my friend‘s knee is basically gone, but still, spending a sunny morning doing a healthy walk for a good cause and getting doused with colored powder in the process was pretty darn fun. Now my goal is to maintain the workout schedule I set to prepare for it, and to keep an eye out for other 5Ks to conquer.
3) Life Groups started up again! One of our priorities when looking for a church was a young-adults small-group thing, and we’ve found an awesome one. Nothing quite like discussing a Bible verse and then segueing into a critique of Hammer pants.
4) I’m on a reading roll! I finally (OMG FINALLY) finished “East of Eden,” which was an incredible read, even though it took months and months and months. Now I’m on track to cross a few more books off my 2012 reading list and maybe meet all of my goals!
5) I made shortbread! This was a couple weeks ago, but hey, I made shortbread, my favorite cookie and probably one of my top 5 favorite foods. It was terrifyingly easy and even worse for me than I thought (the butter…so much butter…). Next up: cheesecake.
What are you grateful for these days?