Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week, we’re talking about the series we’d like to read, but haven’t started yet. I try to avoid series because I’m commitment-phobic and live in fear of being let down by the final book. That means I don’t actively seek out series – but my interest has still be caught by a handful:
1) Divergent. I’m finally actually going to read this one! “Divergent” is on hold! I feel like it’s the last of the early 2010s YA dystopian trilogies that I definitely have to read.
2) A Song of Ice and Fire. I don’t feel bad about waiting to start this one since apparently Martin takes a decade or two in between books. Although, given how dense the books are rumored to be, maybe I ought to get started on the existing five…
3) Legend. Wait, no, this is the last of the early 2010s YA dystopian trilogies I needed to read. And “Legend” is also on hold. Check.
4) Thursday Next. I think these books have been recommended to me more than any others in my life. I like stories that are lightly surreal and deal with the love of books and writing, so I think they’re worth a try.
5) The Empire Trilogy. When the two people who asked me if I’d ever read Raymond E. Feist found out I hadn’t, they both reacted with drawn-out gasps and looks of pure horror. I promise I’ll get there, guys.
And really, that about does it for series. I’m currently reading “Mistborn,” but it remains to be seen if I’ll stick around for the whole series. Like I said, when it comes to books, I don’t commit. Sorry, books.
What about you? Are you a series fan or do you stick with the one-offs? What series have you been wanting to read but just haven’t gotten there yet?