Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
On today’s episode: what ten books are on our winter to-be-read lists?
1. “Shogun” by James Clavell. It’s Kevin’s favorite book and I think it’s about time I read it.
2. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. Seeing (the extremely good) “Catching Fire” made me want to read the books again!
3. “Trickster’s Choice” by Tamora Pierce. Got this at the library so I can finally read a YA book I ought to have read twelve years ago.
4. “The Angel’s Game” by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. After the disappointment that was the re-read of “Shadow of the Wind,” I’m looking forward to a new adventure.
5. “Saga.” A couple of my friends absolutely love this graphic novel, so the last time I was at the library, I snagged a copy. I’m not quite sure what I think yet. Considering my response to the Goodreads page was “WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE ARE ONLY TWO VOLUMES,” I guess I’m enjoying it more than I thought.
6. “Before Watchmen: Comedian/Rorschach.” Look, our library has a really good selection of graphic novels, okay? My Watchmen-fan friend pronounced these prequels “not bad,” so I guess they’re worth a shot. I hope there’s no particular order in which I’m supposed to read them because this was the only one available.
7. “The House of Velvet and Glass” by Katherine Howe. While the Downton Abbey gang were dealing with the loss of their heir, Sibyl was grieving her mother and sister and coping with it by visiting a fortune-teller. It promises a “final shocking twist!” We’ll see.
8. “American Gods” by Neil Gaiman. I should have read faster, but I got distracted by “Saga” and now it’s due back at the library and it’s on hold so I can’t renew it and nooo I’m only a third of the way through.
10. “Fight Like A Girl” anthology. My first and only Kickstarter and I still haven’t read it, ack!