Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week, we’re compiling lists of the non-book but book-related things we desire. So,
1. Pipe shelves:
2. Floor to ceiling shelves:
3. Let’s just call all this shelf business for what it really is: a library.
4. The library also needs to have a secret door:
5. A Kindle Paperwhite. Maybe. I have an Ipad but I’m finding it’s annoying to read on in the evenings – same reason I can’t be on a computer too late at night. I hear the Paperwhite screen is better.
6. This Jane Eyre scarf.
8. A Powell’s gift card. I take for granted that I live so close to Powell’s, but I don’t visit as often as I’d like for two reasons: one, parking; two, how am I supposed to leave without spending $50 every time? A gift card (or two) would ease my suffering.
9. A new booklight. Hey, a practical item! My booklight from childhood finally bit the dust a year or so ago, and Kevin’s recently broke as well.
10. Contributing to mini or portable libraries. Once upon a time, I thought it would be fun to buy an old bus and refit it as a portable library. (Basically nothing I want to do in life has a chance of earning money.) This weekend, though, I spotted a brand-new Little Free Library going in near our church. LFLs are almost as great as traveling libraries, and I already have a couple of books that I had planned to take to Powell’s but would be better served in the LFL. Tempting as it is to go to Powell’s and try to get some cash back for my unwanted books, they’d do a lot more good in a LFL.