The Liebster Award recognizes up-and-coming bloggers with 500 followers or less. Thank you Bubble-Wrapped Blog for the nomination! She blogs about makeup, books, and writing, and she’s probably going to enable both my book-buying and my makeup-buying!
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to the nominee before you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated who also have 500 subscribers or less.
- You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
Alternatives to Fighting is a blog about gaming, philosophy, physics, and lots of other things. Emgee is almost intimidatingly smart and he’ll be equally happy to explain Pathfinder or lightspeed to you.
Brittknee, Brittneigh, Brittnooo is mostly slice-of-life with some memes, thrift store finds, and pretty photos mixed in.
I can’t tell how many followers Consider Me Lovely has, but she’s an awesome fashion blogger and I want to recognize her!
Desktop Retreat blogs beautiful book-related quotes and art, and every time I look through her blog, I want to go curl up in a windowseat with my eight favorite books.
Nisaba Be Praised challenges the boundaries of my reading by encouraging me to seek out translations and books by international and minority writers.
Oh My Bot is the new blog home of Jessica of Saturday Jane, and this is where she’s posting all her art!
Reading In Skirts is Mia’s (and sometimes Tia’s) fashion blog, which is snarky and fun.
Man, I can only come up with eight! Anybody got any recommendations?
And now, it’s time for my favorite part of any blog post: THE QUESTIONS.
What is your favorite piece of art?
Man, I don’t know. I’m really not good with art.
If you could go back to school for another degree (or a first one), what would it be?
I thought a few times about going back for my MFA, but I think I’d prefer to do another bachelors in something new, like a language.
What is your favorite sweet treat?
Name the #1 song you’ve been listening to lately.
I’ve been listening to videogame soundtracks while I write, and my favorites so far are the soundtracks for Journey, Bastion, and Mass Effect 3.
Are there any books that you regret reading?
That’s an interesting question. Most of the time, if I’m not enjoying a book, I’m pretty good at giving myself permission to quit reading it. I guess, of the ones I finished, the one I most regret was “Phoenix and Ashes” by Mercedes Lackey, because I disliked it so much and I think it set a precedent for me to stop enjoying her books.
What’s the #1 beauty product you would recommend to others?
Urban Decay eye primer. I didn’t even know there was a thing that made eyeshadow stay on all day, but this is it, and it’s great.
What was the last movie that made you cry?
Pretty sure I teared up during Captain America 2.
Do you have any tattoos?
Hulu or Netflix?
Netflix. No particular reason.
What is your spirit animal?
Uh…I’m pretty into birds of prey. Also tigers. But my spirit animal is probably something lazier, like a house cat.
All right, for you nominated folks, here are the questions you should answer:
- It’s game night! What do you want to play?
- What’s the best book you read in the last year?
- The book you’re reading currently is terrible/boring/not what you expected. Do you quit reading, or do you force yourself through it?
- You have the opportunity to do any extreme sport, whether or not you actually know how to do it, with very little risk of serious injury. What would you do?
- What movie have you seen so many times that you basically have it memorized?
- What book or movie coming out in 2014 are you most looking forward to?
- Do you like science fiction? (Hope so!) What’s your favorite book/TV show/movie?
- Do you watch the news?
- What talent or ability are you most proud of?
- You get to use a time machine to go back in time and meet three different people and do only three things: punch someone, hug someone, and have a drink with someone. Who would you punch, who would you hug, and who would you have a drink with?