Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
Today, we’re making our lists of ten characters who ___ – for example, piss me off, are the popular kids, are bookish, would be my bff, that stole my heart, etc.
So let’s pretend the zombie apocalypse has happened. I need to assemble a team to travel the world, looking for survivors and killing lots and lots of zombies. This is who I bring:
1. Sabriel from the Abhorsen trilogy. Who better for sending the undead back to actual death?
2. Aragorn from LOTR. He’d be a great team leader, giving all those heroic speeches. Plus he’s a great survivalist and can use just about every weapon.
3-4. Hiro Protagonist/Y.T from “Snow Crash.” He has swords and hacking and surveillance skills. She has a physics-defying skateboard and an attitude, plus a spectacular array of self-defense gear. I’m assuming any cures or secret fortresses would require some hacking, so they’d be useful.
5. Lying Cat from “Saga.” He’d be able to tell if other survivors we encountered were being honest or not. Not sure how well he’d get along with #10, though.
6. Kingsley Shacklebolt from Harry Potter. I’d love to bring along someone like Sirius, but Shacklebolt made a career out of fighting evil and he has a proven track record of level-headedness and reliability. Plus he, y’know, survives stuff.
7. Vin from “Mistborn.” She has magical abilities that will work wherever there’s metal – which is to say just about everywhere.
8. Gran’ma Ben from Bone. She looks like a harmless old pie-baking farmer, but she’s fast and strong enough to outrun a stampede and fight bear-sized monsters – and then she’ll come right back and bake you a pie.
9. Shadow from “American Gods.” Every zombie-fighting outfit needs a brawler, and Shadow fits the bill since he doesn’t seem to be fazed by anything. After working for Norse gods and dealing with his own wife coming back from the dead, he’s probably the most psychologically equipped to deal with zombies.
10. Iorek from “His Dark Materials.” He’s a sentient polar bear warrior and an unparalleled blacksmith. He is definitely coming along.
So who would you bring to help you through the zombie apocalypse?