I am borrowing a meme from Fourth Street Review!
Book Q&A Rules
1. Post these rules
2. Post a photo of your favourite book cover
3. Answer the questions below
4. Tag a few people to answer them too
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. Make sure you tell the person who tagged you that you’ve taken part!
What are you reading right now?
“Eight Girls Taking Pictures” by Whitney Otto. Lirael” by Garth Nix. Occasionally, “The World Treasury of Science Fiction.”
Do you have any idea what you’ll read when you’re done with that?
Ha! Yeah, I think I know:
What five books have you always wanted to read but haven’t got round to?
- “Anna Karenina” by Leo Tolstoy
- “Wide Sargasso Sea” by Jean Rhys
- “The Eyre Affair” by Jasper Fforde
- “1984″ by George Orwell
- “One Thousand and One Nights”
What magazines do you have in your bathroom/ lounge right now?
None in the bathroom, but the coffee table has a few old Vogue from before my free subscription ran out.
What’s the worst book you’ve ever read?
I really really loathed “Heart of Darkness,” but I think it’s one of those books that actually is good, and I just hated it because it was assigned reading. (Summer reading, no less!) The book that I think actually is terrible and didn’t deserve to be published was “Intimacy” by Hanif Kureishi, which is the semiautobiographical account of how the author is a whiny cheating self-centered horrible person and crappy father.
What book seemed really popular but you didn’t like?
“The Book Thief” by Markus Zusak. Reviews promised a tear-jerking, life-changing story, but I couldn’t get past the experimental style.
What’s the one book you always recommend to just about everyone?
The “Delirium” trilogy by Lauren Oliver for YA fans. “Illustrated Man” and “Martian Chronicles” to people who have never read Ray Bradbury.